2013 Bass Letter
2013 BASS TOURNAMENTS
Subject to changes by tournament committee at any time. Notification of changes will be announced at avonanglers.com
Section 1) Name, Lake, Date, Fees…………………pg.1-2
Section 2) General Bass rules…………………………….pg.3
Section 3) 5 Points events rules…………………………pg.4
Section 4) Bass Anglers of The Year……………..pg.5
Section 5) Wild Card…………………………………………….pg.5
Section 6) Classic…………………………………………………….pg.5-6
Section 7) Subs………………………………………………………..pg.6
Section 8) Hardships……………………………………………..pg.6
Section 9) Iron Man……………………………………………….pg.7
Section 10) Points System…………………………………..pg.7
Section 11) Pay Outs…………………………………………….pg.8-9
Section 12) Funding and Sponsors……………………..pg.10
Section 13) Dash for Cash Rules…………………………pg, 11
Section (1) Name, Lake, Date, Fees
Father’s Day Bass (open to the public)
Honeoye Lake - Sunday, June 16, 2013 - $30/ Team
(classic fund raiser)
Spring Dash for Cash, (open to the public)
Conesus Lake - Saturday, June 29, 2013 - $150/ team
Bass Poor Boy Event (open to the public)
Silver Lake - Saturday, August 3, 2013 - $30/ team
Bass Derby & Picnic
Honeoye Lake - Saturday, July 20, 2013 (invitation only) $ no fee
Qualifying Points Events (open to the public)
1. Silver Lake Saturday, June 22, 2013 $60/ member team
2. Cayuga Lake Saturday, July 13, 2013 $60/ member team
3. Honeoye Lake Saturday, July 27, 2013 $60/ member team
4. Conesus Lake Saturday, August 10, 2013 $60/ member team
5. Sodus Bay Saturday, August 24, 2013 $60/ member team
Section (1) Name, Lake, Date, Fees (con’t)
Labor Day Dash for Cash (open to the public)
Oneida Lake Sunday, September 1, 2013 $150/ team
“Wild Card” Classic Qualifier
(Bottom half of teams in points)
Lake to be named Saturday, September 21, 2013 $ no fee
(Top half of teams in points, 2013 Points Champions & The “Wild Card” Champions)
Lake to be drawn (day 1) Saturday, September 28, 2013 $TBA
Lake to be drawn (day 2) Sunday, September 29, 2013 $TBA
Iron Man Series (open to the public)
I Keuka “DASH” Saturday, October 19, 2013 $60/ member team
II Canandaigua Lake Saturday, October 26, 2013 $60/ member team
III Keuka Lake Saturday, November 2, 2013 $60/ member team
IV Conesus Lake Saturday, November 9, 2013 $60/ member team
Section (2) AAU General Bass Rules
1. Avon Angler Tournament Day Phone 585.281.0618 will be on and held by someone from the tournament staff during the tournament. Emergency dial 911.
2. All tournaments are considered team events.
3. A team will consist of two (2) partners fishing together, or one (1) person fishing alone.
4. All tournaments will have a five (5) fish limit.
5. All fish must be kept alive if possible.
6. Penalties will be imposed on dead fish, this will be 0.5 pounds per Bass.
7. In the event of a boat issue affecting your return, a team must contact someone on the tournament staff by phone before their scheduled flight return in order to not be disqualified.
8. Official time will be cell phone time.
9. Only one rod may be used per fisherman at any one time.
10. Penalties will be imposed on teams who are late for their return time. The penalty will be 0ne (1) pound per minute from the total bag and the lunker weight. Late teams will be allowed to weigh and receive points.
11. To be considered ”returned” you will need to be within 100 yards of the launch and your boat number visible.
12. Anytime a field is split into flights due to high participation levels, the time between flight returns will always be 30 minutes.
13. 2nd (or possibly 3rd) flights will always begin blasting off 10 minutes after the last boat in the previous flight is either out of sight OR has begun fishing.
14. Tournament weigh-in staff will always be in the first flight and will often times be assigned a take-off number in the Top 10 positions as they must return 10 – 15 minutes early to prepare for weigh-in. The remainder of the teams, Open and Member Teams will draw a number for take –off position at registration.
15. The Lunker Pot will again not be optional in 2012. It will consist of 10% of the day’s tournament payout. There will only be one lunker awarded per tournament.
16. All rules as stated on tournament flyer will be in effect.
17. If tournament staff is low, the last team (boat) registered will be the start boat. The start boat will have all boats pass by slowly with live wells open, in a 1, 2, 3… order, and in a safe manner. The start boat may be asked to bring staff out for the take -off and then return to dock.
18. Avon Anglers encourage the use of Life Vest.
Section (3) 5 Points events rules
1. A single fisherman team may add a 2nd team member at registration of any of the five (5) point’s event tournaments.
2. If a single fisherman team enters all five (5) Points events as a single fisherman team, he or she may not add a 2nd fisherman to his or her team for the Wild Card or the Classic tournaments.
3. Partners MUST remain the same for all five (5) events to remain eligible for the Wild Card and the Classic.
4. There will be no substitutes allowed in 2012. If your partner cannot participate, you may fish alone.
5. Single and two partner teams will automatically be declared a team at the first Points event entered and will receive points.
6. A team’s name will be the last name of the fisherman or fishermen on that team. A team number may be assigned.
7. All new membership is temporary until reviewed by the AAU Board of Directors. After approval you will receive a membership card by mail, or hand out.
8. There will be an additional $10 per fisherman per tournament fee for Open/Non-members at Avon Anglers Inc. Bass Point’s events. (ex: Single person team pays $70, two person team pays $80)
9. In the event that a minor’s (fishermen under the age of 18) partner has to be absent for an event, he/she shall have an adult entered in the tournament with him/her as a non-fishing partner. The non-fishing partner shall not fish; assist his/her partner in fishing, including landing a fish.
10. A non-fishing partner may also be used in the absence of a partner if the participating partner is uncomfortable at driving a boat, does not wish to be on the water alone, is handicapped, is using a loaner boat, or any other safety reasons.
11. Non-fishing partners must be approved by the Tournament Director for each event prior to registration.
12. ALL teams competing in any Points event will get points for that day’s event. (ex: Even if your 1st Points event entered is the last Points event you fish for 2013). A team does not have to be members of Avon Anglers Inc. in order to qualify for the 2013 Classic.
13. There will be no drop score in 2013.
Section (4) Qualification for Avon Angler 2013 Bass Team of the Year
1. Membership in Avon Anglers is required for any qualifying team member.
2. In order to be in the running for Bass Team of the Year, a team MUST FISH ALL 5 POINTS EVENTS.
3. Both partners must sign up as a Member team, no later than the take-off of the 1st Points event of the season.
4. Teams will receive points based upon their final position in each tournament.
5. ALL 5 POINTS EVENS WILL COUNT, THERE WILL BE NO DROP TOURNAMENT IN 2013.
6. The member team that finishes with the most points will be declared the 2013 Avon Angler Bass Team of the Year.
7. The Hardship Rule below is in effect (note: new partner must be a member).
Section (5) Wild Card
1. There will not be an entry fee or payout for this tournament. The primary reason for this tournament is to win 1st place. The 1st place winner earns a “wild card” qualification into the 2013 Classic.
2. The lake for this event will be chosen by the tournament committee.
3. Eligible teams must have finished a minimum of 4 out of 5 point’s events and place in the bottom ½ of the point’s field in order to qualify for the Wild Card Tournament.
4. Eligible teams can be either a Member or Open (Non-Member ) Team.
Section (6) Classic
1. Eligible teams can be either a Member or Open (Non-Member) Team.
2. Eligible teams must finish in the top ½ of the Points field to qualify.
3. Eligible teams must have finished a minimum of 4 out of 5 Points events in order to qualify for the Classic.
4. The 2012 Points Champions receive an automatic entry into the 2013 Classic, provided they remain as partners and fish four of the five 2013 Points events.
5. The bodies of water for Day (1) and Day (2) of the Classic will be drawn at the weigh-in of the last Points tournament. Lakes will be selected from a list of these possible waters: Honeoye, Canandaigua, Conesus, Waneta, Lamoka, Loon, Cayuga or Silver Lakes. We will make an effort to keep these bodies of water somewhat close together by pairing lakes together to make many different combinations to draw from.
6. Day 2 of the Classic is the big event day for 2013. Plaques and pay outs will be awarded, door prizes, raffles drawn and food will also be served.
7. Lakes will consist of one lake or two different lakes within reasonable driving distance of one another so that lodging choices will be easier for participants.
8. A Total Combined Weight System will be incorporated into the 2013 Classic.
9. All teams in the top ½ of the point’s field and other qualifying teams will compete on both days of the Classic. There will be no cut in the field on day 2 in 2013.
10. Any fee for the Classic will be announced in the Classic Invitation to be mailed after the last Points tournament. The goal is for the entry fee to be free provided we solicit enough sponsorship and our fundraising goes as planned.
11. The 2013 Avon Angler Bass Team of the Year will receive free entry into the Classic in all cases.
12. Practice will be allowed up until 12AM Monday, September 23, 2012. From that time on, Day (1) and Day (2) Lakes will be Off-Limits to all participants.
13. In the event of a tie, the team with the largest lunker fish for the two days will determine the winner.
Section (7) The Subsitution Rule
There will be NO SUBSTITUTIONS ALLOWED for the 5 Point’s Events, the Wild Card, and the Classic Tournament in 2013.
Section (8) Hardship Rule
As a general rule, Wild Card, Classic and Angler of the Year “Eligible” Teams will not be allowed to change partners once they have signed up together as a team. However, if one (1) of the partners is unable to participate due to special circumstances, such as a prolonged illness or moving out of the area, (there could be others) that team may request, in writing, to the tournament committee, to replace one of its members. The tournament committee shall approve or disapprove this request before the next qualifying tournament.
Section (9) Iron Man Tournaments I, II, III & IV
1. The Three (4) Iron Man tournaments will be a separate Points trail.
2. Points will be given to all teams entered using the Standard AAU Points System.
3. Team members must remain the same. If a team member is absent, you may fish alone.
4. If team members change, team will be listed as a new team and points will not accumulate.
5. Team with the most points after the three (4) Iron Man tournaments will be awarded Iron Man Team of the Year.
6. Non-member fees apply.
7. Eligible teams must have finished all 4 events.
*2013 Iron Man tournaments will individual events with no points awarded or accumulating.
Section (10) The 2013 Point System
1. The point’s increments (as in the past) will change at the 21st position from two (2) points to one (1) point. Any team weighing fish is guaranteed a minimum of 30 points.
2. Points will be awarded as follows:
Section (11) Pay Outs
2013 Father’s Day Open Tournament
· $30 / Team
· 20% to Avon Anglers Unlimited Club
· 80% paid to the top 10% of the field and lunker (ex: a 30 boat field will pay 3 places as well as lunker)
2013 “GENNY LIGHT” Spring Dash for Cash, Classic Fundraiser
· $150/ Team
· 70% paid to the field (using AAU Dash For Cash Format)
· 30% paid to The Classic Fund
2013 “GENNY LIGHT” Qualifying Points Tournaments
· $60 / Member Team
· 80% paid to the top 10% of the field and lunker
· 20% paid to Avon Anglers Unlimited Club
2013 Poor Boy Bass
· $30 / Team, optional $10 (100% pay out Lunker)
· 80% paid to top 10% of field and lunker
· 20% paid to Avon Anglers Unlimited Club
2013 Ground Water Systems (GWS) Tournament
· $ no fee
· Partner draw / share winnings
· Funded by GWS and sponsors
2013 Wild Card
· no fee
· winning team earns Wild Card to Classic
2013 Classic $ TBA
· 100% of cash earned by the fund raisers set up by the Tournament Committee after expenses are paid. Expenses may include: launch permit fees, fuel, plaques, etc.
· Goal is to meet or exceed past year’s Classic pay outs and not take money from the tournament pay outs to fund it.
· Fund raising efforts will reflect Classic pay out.
· Other donations given for the Classic.
· If there is an entry fee for the Wild Card or Classic tournaments, there will be no non-member fee applied.
2013 A.A.U. Dash for Cash
· $150 / Team
· 20% to Avon Anglers Unlimited Club
· 80% paid to the field (using A.A.U. Dash for Cash format)
2013 Iron Man Series
· $60 / Member Team
· 20% to Avon Anglers Unlimited Club
· 80% paid to the top 10% of field and lunker
EXCEPTION TO THE RULE, PAYING 10 % OF THE FIELD: 15 BOATS AND UNDER WILL PAY TWO PLACES AND 16 BOATS TO 29 WILL PAY THREE PLACES
Section (12) Funding and sponsors
A.A.U. Club funding supports many club functions throughout the year with the most important being the four Kids Ponds events that we hold annually. This is also used for asset purchases and maintenance ( trailer, computer, oxygenation system, P.A. system, and other various items) that help make A.A.U. tournaments the quality events they are known for.
This trail is absolutely advantageous to anglers/teams that are members and compete to be in the A.A.U. Classic and for the A.A.U. Bass Team of the Year. These winners will be awarded plaques,. The A.A.U. Classic entry will be free entry provided we get a sponsor for each of the five (5) Points events and/or we have a successful Classic fundraiser. Pay outs will INCREASE accordingly as sponsorship cash and fundraising increases.
Plaques: It is our goal to keep our quality plaques as part of our high standard, professional type tournaments. The Tournament Committee will hunt hard for sponsorship cash for the plaques needed for each tournament. Remember, any large or small corporation or business, even an individual, can sponsor and have naming rights to any tournament. Any help would be appreciated in this effort.
Other Donations: Many times sponsors donate items such as rods, reels, baits, and other items. These items will show up as additional prizes and/or handouts at A.A.U. Open Bass Events.
Of note: The $10 Non-Member fee will assist in paying tournament expenses such as truck fuel. Any leftover funds will be directed towards the Classic fund.
2013 DA$H for CA$H Rules & Regulations
· 7 Hourly Payouts Based on Participation
· Final payout paying down 5 places (based on 50 boats)
· Tournament starts at 7:00am and ends at 3:00pm (8 hours) Time may be adjusted
· Fishing for Large or Small Mouth Bass Only
· Must fish from boat during tournament hours on tournament Lake only
· Live wells will be mandatory and checked the morning of the tournament
· Maximum 2 people per boat
· Artificial lures only
· Trolling as a method of fishing is prohibited.
· No fishing allowed within a 200 yards radius of release area
· Allowed to weigh-in one fish per hour
· Must keep your catch anonymous
· Must use Avon Angler weigh bags during hourly weigh-in
· Weigh slips will be issued to fisherman during hourly weigh-in
· All hourly fish weighed in will be returned to the lake by AAU staff.
· 1st hourly period starts at 8:00am and ends 9:00am, Second period starts at 9:01am and ends 10:00am, and so on for 7 hours. Final hourly weigh-in ends at 3:00pm.
· Final 5 fish weigh-in starts at 3:01pm
· No culling allowed at dock or scale.
Please cull your fish prior to coming to final weigh-in
· Teams will be allowed to use any combination of fish or tickets totaling 5 bass for final weigh-in.
· All live fish will be released
· ¼ lb. deduction for each dead fish
· Illegal fish will disqualify team for that day (less than 12”)
· Use of nets is only permitted to land fish
· Each team member must sign waiver
· All N.Y.S Boat & Fishing Rules & Regulations Apply.